In lockdown I’ve been baking as well as cooking and these peanut butter cookies are my latest experiment. This recipe makes about 20 cookies, but it depends on how big you like your cookies I suppose.
Ingredients for Gooey Peanut Butter Cookies:
- 125g Unsalted Butter
- 100g Unrefined Soft Brown Sugar
- 100g White Caster Sugar
- 1 Medium Egg
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 220g Self Raising Flour
- Line your baking trays and set your oven to 200 degrees (fan assisted ovens 180 degrees).
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and the two types of sugar. Once light and fluffy, add in the egg and a few drops of vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
- Sift in the flour and stir. Finally mix in the two tablespoons of peanut butter.
- Separate the mixture into around twenty pieces and roll into balls. Each piece should roughly be the same size as a walnut.
- Place on the baking trays. Remember to leave enough room each side of each cookie dough ball. They spread quite a lot in the oven and the first time I made it they all merged into one.
- Bake for around 8 minutes if you like cookies with gooey centres. Don’t worry if they look like they’ll fall apart once you take them out the oven. Once they have left to cool slightly they solidify but you’ll still get that gooey middle.
Have you been baking since lockdown?